Kaz and Kelly's Blog

Please feel free to leave comments so I know who is stopping by!

Monday, February 18, 2008

Tokyo Marathon

Well I finally completed my long time dream of running a full marathon. It was very hard, but I really enjoyed it. I can say that now that I am finished! I had really great support along the way. Kaz rode his bike pretty much the entire way taking pictures of me. I finished in 5:35 minutes (although it took me a while to cross start). I can't say for sure that I will ever run another one, but I also can't say for sure that I won't. I really want to thank Kaz, Tari, Janet, Kaori, Danny, Kaz's parents, Ruth and all the IAC people for their cheering during the race.

If you can't see my comments click on the white balloon box at the bottom left of the slide show.

To see a video of me coming in the finish go to this site: http://www.ntv.co.jp/tokyomarathon/goalmovie/
And then put in my number which is 51336 and hit search. I am at the end of the video wearing a yellow jacket.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your smile!!! Love, Sumie

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly - Congratulations!!

Wow - so great to see you fulfill a dream.

Impressed you gutsied it out from start to finish across a huge chunk of Tokyo, longer than many of our bike rides.

Congratulations. See you guys on the next ride. Peter

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kaz and Kelly -

Sorry, I didn't mean to make an anonymous post, but I couldn't get it to work with my Name/URL, but that was me on that previous post.

Peter Fuchs

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly!
Congratulations, Bebe! Did Kaz tell you that I supported you all the way with a bike ride to Hibiya? Well done and congrats once again. :)

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, wow a really great achievement and it must be a wonderful feeling... now Sado will feel like a wlk in hte park.

Ray

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home